Be Kind. Be Calm. Be Safe.
Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury’s Response to COVID-19
Updated as of June 25, 2020
We are pleased to present a brief overview of our approach to COVID-19. Like most businesses, we have experienced a lot of changes and adjustments over the past few months. We are working daily to keep all policies and procedures updated as mandated and as we work to develop best practices in general. We trust you will appreciate this summary of specific details so that your decision to stay at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury is one based on confidence and convenience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by phone (902-625-0320) or by email at email@example.com
- Upon the departure of a guest, the room is assigned to the “resting stage” which allows our staff to ensure they are not at risk from air-borne pathogens.
- After the resting phase, a member of our COVID-19 team enters the guestroom [following personal safety protocols] and sanitizes and disinfects the room. Bed linens, shower curtains, towels, etc., are taken to the laundry immediately. Any extra amenities [decorative pillows, foot scarfs, etc.] have been removed for the foreseeable future.
- Disinfectant is applied to the entire room and left to rest for the required time period.
- Room attendants re-enter the room to begin the complete cleaning process following our COVID-19 adjusted “Quality 1st Protocol,” taking the extra time required to ensure that all identified touch points are thoroughly sanitized a second time.
- Our housekeeping team will not be entering your guest room during your stay. Any services or amenities you require can be delivered to your door with a simple call to the front desk. If you prefer a fresh room at any point during your stay, let us know, and we will relocate you.
We have developed extensive internal protocols for our restaurant. And we are confident that the consultation process between the Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia and the Department of Health has provided the safety protocols necessary to ensure a pleasant and safe dining experience. Changes to operations include:
- We will be implementing complete compliance with the Department of Health protocol as a minimum standard.
- When your party arrives, we will take your temperatures and one name and number per party should they be required for contact tracing purposes.
- We will maintain a minimum of two meters between the back of the chairs of all tables.
- We have introduced natural social distancing barriers on the patio and in the dining room.
- We have removed 50% of our available seats.
- We have eliminated pre-setting of tables and introduced condiment trays.
- We have introduced a table disinfectant process following the departure of each party [disinfected for a minimum of 10 minutes and then cleaned with potable water] prior to the table becoming available for the next guests.
- We have introduced extensive new bathroom protocols [installed locks to create single use in all public washrooms; availability of other public area restrooms; hourly sanitization process; half hour cleaning; wipes for guest use on door handles, etc.]
- Dining parties may not exceed the limits set out by Public Health Officials (currently capped at 10 individuals).
- Food and beverage takeout menu options will be available on property.
- We are also following extensive internal staff social distancing protocols.
- We are using touchless applications for payment whenever possible.
- We have introduced enhanced travel paths throughout hallways.
- We have redesigned our patio for social distancing, optimum privacy, and an enjoyable outdoor dining experience.
- Stationary payment terminals will be wiped down after each use.
- Staff have masks available to them at all times. If you would like your server to wear a mask while serving you, kindly let them know, and they will be more than happy to accommodate.
- All Maritime Inn staff are required to monitor symptoms daily and record their temperatures before clocking in for work.
- If a guest or team member exhibits symptoms or contracts COVID-19, Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury will follow all Public Health Directives.
- We have implemented pre-registration whenever possible to minimize lobby time for the check-in process.
- We have implemented social distancing measures and partitions to ensure mutual safety. The front desk is equipped with a Plexiglass shield for the protection of our guests and staff.
- We are conducting routine disinfecting of all public area components with approved antimicrobial disinfectants. The front desk area will be disinfected every hour.
- All guests are encouraged to use debit/credit cards as a method of payment on property.
- Guests will receive a copy of their receipt by email unless otherwise requested.
- Upon checkout, guests will be asked to drop their keys in the key box. Keys will be sanitized before reuse.
- We have introduced in-depth inventory management and control of guest rooms with the Quality Assurance Coordinator responsible for COVID-19 Protocol implementation with respect to guest room inventory management. Safety is our first priority!
- We intend to open our fitness center and pool to hotel guests and fitness center members on July 2.
- No new memberships will be issued during the summer of 2020. All memberships that were in place as of March 15 will be extended past July for the appropriate number of days lost.
- We have limited the number of exercise machines in the Fitness Center to ensure social distancing.
- Everyone who enters the fitness center is required to sign in and out and sanitize their hands before entering.
- The maximum number of people in the fitness center is 8. The maximum number of people in the pool is 15.
- The fitness center will be deep cleaned every day and disinfected at regular intervals. Front desk can inform you of daily disinfecting times so you can plan your workout or swim accordingly.
- As per our standard procedures, all guests are asked to wipe down the equipment with the sanitizers provided before and after use, for your protection and the protection of others.